This puzzle is fun and not too difficult if you take your time.
It’s easier if you use a pencil and paper to keep things straight. If you don’t get it right away, take a break and come back to it later.
- You have three hats before you labelled Hat 1, Hat 2, and Hat 3.
- Exactly one of these hats has a cat inside.
- Each hat is labeled with an assertion, but only one of these assertions is true:
- Hat 1’s label says “The cat is in this hat”.
- Hat 2’s label says “The cat is not in this hat”.
- Hat 3’s label says “The cat is not in hat 1”.
Your challenge is to tell me which hat contains the cat.
No matter what you do, don’t watch this spoiler video. :)